On our first meet back from Spring Break, the boys team competed well despite several key athletes being hurt and or sick. A second place overall puts our season now at 2-2. Some highlights of the meet were:
– Carlos Corona had three first places finishes in the 1600 (5:00), 3200 (11:00), and the 4×800!
– Getting 1st and 2nd in the long jump. Charlie Maxwell with a 19’9″, and Desmond with a 19’8″.
– The boys 4×100 won, continuing to be undefeated with a time of 45.6 (Charlie, Joseph, Donnie, Desmond).
-The boys 4×800 won with a time of 9:52 (Luis, Omar, Anthony, Carlos)
The boys 4×400 placed second with a time of 3:48 (Joseph, David, Anthony, Charlie)
– Desmond won the 100 for a second straight meet with a time of 11.49
– Luis places second in the 400 (59.9) and 3rd in the 800 (2:30) and was also on the winning 4×800.
We are looking forward to a big meet Saturday at Churubusco!